Monday 15 August 2011

Dual repositories: Subversion and Git

Git and SVN

I have not got a completely pain free git/svn integration,
this seems to be because casutils started life as a git project.

Install git svn integration
sudo apt-get install git-core git-svn

I have two checkouts: local/casutils and workspace/casutils
workspace/casutils was created in the normal way with
git init casutils
local/casutils was created with
git svn clone https://tim.pizey@dsn-chassis.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/casutils
I work in workspace/casutils, when all is committed and pushed to master I switch to local/casutils
git pull -s recursive -Xtheirs ../../workspace/casutils
git svn dcommit

this pushes the changes, with their git commit messages, to svn.

2 comments:

  1. Still the original is the only way that works for me, though the above comment works for initial import into svn.

    ReplyDelete